Warning: Undefined variable $text in /home/customer/www/mcdermottgroup.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/uploads/cache/64604afde8ee4150e0f95ba0837a84d119a4fe4c.php on line 41
ng homes was formed in 1976 by a group of residents whose aim was to protect and improve tenements in Springburn. Today the housing provider offers 5,400 homes for rent and factoring services for over 1,200 owners right across the North Glasgow area. The area is one of deprivation, with an unemployment rate 140% higher than the national average and four out of five tenants suffering from fuel poverty.
With the difficult socioeconomic landscape driving a large part of the refurbishment project, ng homes took a whole building approach by considering every element of the tower blocks, with the key area of building and tenant safety paramount. This is an area of focus of the Scottish Standards (SHQS), requiring landlords to ensure homes are ‘energy efficient, safe, and secure.’
For ng homes, which has a significant tenant population including many vulnerable residents needing some level of support, a vital element of securing the safety of each tower block was a door entry system.
Social housing developments have a large volume of traffic at access points. With a consistently high number of residents and visitors daily, it can be difficult to maintain the safety and security of both the building and residents. By installing IP video remote door entry systems which links from each property to a separate on-site concierge station, Devine Energy greatly enhanced the safety and security of tenants.
- Devine Energy installed an IP video door entry system across 13 tower blocks
- This advanced system allows tenants to see visitors clearly on a tablet installed in their property
- Tenants, especially vulnerable or elderly residents, feel safer in their homes, unwanted access is removed, and crime is reduced
- Each tower block links back to the concierge station via fibre optics and wireless radio links
- All tower blocks are monitored, managed, and controlled from a separate on-site concierge station
- With all tower blocks monitored from one concierge station, costs are reduced even while tenant support and safety is increased
1 | 1 |
By positively improving the lives of tenants through safety and energy efficiency measures, Devine Energy has supported ng homes in the creation and implementation of a progressive strategy, encompassing PAS2035 guidelines, EESSH2 compliance, and Scottish Government targets, whilst concentrating on the needs of tenants and the wider community.
The 2022 Landlord report revealed that 94.8% of tenants were satisfied with ng homes’ service. With the installation of a leading, advanced door entry system, Devine Energy fully supported ng homes’ mission, to “provide quality homes and on-going community regeneration and empowerment”.
The system enabled tenants to feel safe in their own homes, reduced the incidence of crime, and greatly improved overall building quality and security.